Exciting news in this letter: VUE and PlantFactory 2014.6, LumenRT 2015, Interview with Scott Brisbane, 3D Environment Competition, and more...
PlantFactory 2014.6 - Share Your Plant Models Everywhere
FREE major update for all PlantFactory users - improves the product's native sharing and exporting capabilities.
New and enhanced capabilities include:
- The new EULA now allows selling or distributing static plant models created with PlantFactory
- You can now easily send TPF models to a friend using the new integrated private sharing mechanism
- It's now even easier to share plants with the community on the Cornucopia3D Exchange Area thanks to the new dedicated menu command
- Improved exports to all 3D apps
- New export presets (custom tailored for many apps)
- New export options: embedded alpha, texture relative path, axis system
- Improved export of material lighting
- Drastically improved export speed
- New FREE PlantFactory Exporter - unlimited resolution, full parametric control
- Two-level publication lets the artist decide what parameters are accessible outside of PlantFactory
- New Input selector node
- The plant graphs of all samples have been redone for improved readability and easier understanding
More information about the PlantFactory technology is available online at: www.plantfactory-tech.com
PlantFactory 2014.6 is available as a free update for all current PlantFactory users.
See below for more information
VUE 2014.6 Is Here
Available immediately for all VUE 2014 xStream and Infinite users, this update drastically improves integration with other applications.
New and enhanced capabilities in VUE 2014.6 include:
- New World Coordinate System transcription when importing/exporting Nuke .CHAN files*.
- Improved camera synchronization data import (FBX* and .dat).
- Automatic detection of source software when importing .obj meshes, and automatic updating of scale and orientation.
- Compatibility with FBX pixel aspect ratio when loading/exporting FBX* files.
- Improved resize/center objects option when importing FBX* files (cameras and scenes).
- Possibility to import FBX* data at non-zero time.
- Simplified display of PlantFactory published parameters.
- And more...
The compatibility with .FBX and .CHAN formats is only available in VUE xStream.
VUE 2014.6 is available free of charge for all registered users of VUE 2014 xStream and Infinite. VUE 2014 Infinite and xStream owners can immediately switch to VUE 2014.6 by downloading the latest software update for their product from www.e-onsoftware.com/updates.
Back to School Promotions
PlantFactory Special Offers:
- PlantFactory Studio: $795 (SRP $995)
- PlantFactory Designer: $345 (SRP $495)
- PlantFactory Designer - For users of VUE 2014 : $247 (SRP $495)
- PlantFactory Studio - For users of VUE 2014 : $695 (SRP $995)
VUE Special Offers:
- VUE Complete 2014: $419 (SRP $599)
- VUE Studio 2014: $279 (SRP $399)
- VUE Esprit 2014: $139 (SRP $199)
VUE + PlantFactory Special Offers:
- VUE Studio 2014 + PlantFactory Artist: use the voucher code STU-ART14 and get both products for $299 (SRP $598)
- VUE Complete 2014 + PlantFactory Designer: use the voucher code COMP-DES14 and get both products for $549 (SRP $1,094)
Don't delay, this offer ends on September 21, 2014.
FREE PlantFactory 2014.6 Exporter - Unlimited Resolution Plants with Full Parametric Control
This Free version of PlantFactory is designed for CG artists using any 3D application (such as 3DS Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Softimage, LightWave, Modo, etc). Users are now able to purchase any plant species they need as well as generate variations, adjust age, health, seasons and other custom settings, and export the plants as static 3D objects for use in other 3D apps.
New in PlantFactory 2014.6 Exporter:
- Adjust the resolution of exported objects
- Change season, age, health and other custom settings
- Export resolution is no longer limited
More information and download instructions are available online at: www.plantfactory-tech.com/exporter.php
LumenRT 2015 - The Communication Platform for Architecture and GeoDesign - is almost here!
The release of LumenRT 2015 is just around the corner. Check back regularly as we release exciting teasers to give you a sneak peak of all the new and improved features!
LumenRT 2015 - Teaser 3: Water, Terrains, Materials
LumenRT 2015 - Teaser 2: Real-Time Editing
LumenRT 2015 - Teaser 1: Dynamic Skies
Stay tuned for more videos in the coming days: lumenrt.com
Scott Brisbane - Head of Matte Painting at DreamWorks Animation - Loves VUE!
"VUE is just an essential part of our work-flow here. Every time I show people what I do with it they go "that's amazing!""
Meet Scott Brisbane, the head of Matte Patining at DreamWorks Animation. He has worked on numerous films including "Avatar", "The Croods", "Kung Fu Panda", "How to Train Your Dragons 2" and a lot more. Join us as he explains how VUE was an essential tool in the production of each of film and gives great advice/tips on working as a matte painter in the industry today!
Scott teaches VUE classes at StudioArts, and is regularly a judge at the 3D Environment Competition.
Final Countdown for the 3D Environment Competition
Time's Running Out! Only less than a month left to win over 18,000 in Prizes
E-on software, in association with 3Dconnexion, 3dtotal, 3DWorld magazine, Ballistic Publishing, CG Society, Cornucopia3D, GeekAtPlay, Pixologic and QuadSpinner, is honored to invite you to participate in the "3D Environment Competition 2014".
Dont miss your change to get noticed by judges that are leading experts in the major fields of 3D entertainment and win an extensive set of 3D tools and resources!
- The Winner will receive over $9800 worth in prizes
- The First runner up will receive over $5700 worth in prizes
- The Second runner up will receive over $1700 worth in prizes
Read more info and the submission guidelines at www.e-onsoftware.com/competition.
Printer friendly version (complete document).