Exciting news in this letter: Carbon Scatter 2015, 3D Environment Competition Winners and more...
Carbon Scatter 2015 - Populate Millions of Plants Per Second
Carbon Scatter 2015 is shipping!
Scatter millions of instances in seconds - create wind-swept forests or animated crowds and render them directly inside 3ds Max, Maya and Cinema4D!
With super-fast population algorithms (create over 1 million instances per second!), Carbon Scatter 2015 adds compatibility with animated PlantFactory vegetation, new paint brushes (add instances, jitter, raise, repel, attract, lean...), convert to native instances for rendering without Carbon Scatter (and with any renderer), native support for V-Ray 3 and GPU rendering (Octane, V-Ray RT, etc.), easy specimen replacement and a lot more!
Key benefits of Carbon Scatter 2015 include:
- Render billions of polygons easily thanks to lightning fast instancing
- Convert to native instances for rendering without Carbon Scatter
- Render with any renderer including GPU path-tracers (Octane, VRayRT, ...)
- Populate millions of instances per second!
- Use PlantFactory models and customize them using the Plant Editor*
- Interactive population - change a setting, Carbon Scatter repopulates in a blink
- Add/modify instances with your mouse using jitter, raise, repel, attract, lean... brushes
- Populate in all directions around objects
- Animate instances (including wind in plants) with full de-phasing control
- Control placement, height, size, orientation... using bitmaps or procedural graphs
- Create populations with multiple layers and control how they influence each other
- Scatter inside/along curves, stack instances (e.g. to create piles of rubble on a path)
- Ships with over 100 3D plant species (with variations!) and 130+ billboard trees
*Carbon Scatter Pro only
3D Environment Competition Winners
We would like to thank the judges for their dedication and enlightening comments, all sponsors for their generous contribution, the Cornucopia3D staff for their invaluable help, and of course, all participants.
Congratulations to the winners for their truly superb works!
What the judges said:
"This reminds me of the stuff we did for Avatar. Great lighting, great sculpting. I just would have wished for a bit more depth in the far end."
"Interesting and realistic looking environment with good texturing detailing and plant coverage. One can feel the heat and humidity from the sun and atmosphere. Good integration of rock and plant growth, particularly in the distance the islands look very much like the karst formations of Southeast Asia."
"Excellent balanced composition and great silhouettes!"
"I always love to find a hidden beach. It feels tranquil and lost. It almost feels real but with a hint of hyper-realism. This really shows what VUE can do. Very nice."
"This illustration exhibits a wealth of technical details and imagination which come together perfectly to produce a great still. The key to the success of the still is the artist's understanding of depth and light. You can almost feel the humidity!"
"Everything in this work, from the inviting tropical water to the simple but effective atmosphere, is very well done, with great attention to detail."
"Great work! Nice composition, good lighting and scale."
"Great composition, scale and realism, a place the viewer feels they want to spend some time in."
"Fantastic detail and realism, enforced by strong composition and beautiful colours."
"Fantastic attention to detail and sense of scale. A beautiful image."
Alen Vejzovic will receive worth over $9800 in prizes!
Vishwesh Sant will receive worth over $5700 in prizes!
Maciek Sikora will receive worth over $1700 in prizes!
Printer friendly version (complete document).