These past months have been incredibly intense at e-on, but the wait is finally over and the time has come for you to enjoy our brand new versions of VUE and PlantFactory 2015!
We put a lot of effort not only into adding new capabilities, but also improving the underlying architecture substantially as we prepare for the future.
Today is a big day: it's the first time in e-on's history that we release two major products simultaneously! Thank you for your patience - we hope you will love all the improvements we've made.
And to make a great day even better, we've decided to give you a break on pricing with a special introductory discount. Yes, for one week you can save up to 40% on VUE and PlantFactory!
What's New in VUE 2015?
The improvements in VUE 2015 are expansive: from faster rendering, improved overal performance, an exciting non-photorealistic renderer, a redesigned interface that you can customize to your liking, a new displacement mapping engine and more.
There are also a number of features making it ideal for all production environments, including easy exchange of data with ZBrush, support for Alembic and Disney's PTex, and tighter integration with compositing pipelines.
Here is a shortlist of some of the important new features included in VUE 2015:
Full feature list: e-onsoftware.com/xstream?page=new
- High-amplitude displacement mapping
- Faster rendering
- Non-Photorealistic Rendering engine analyzes renders like an artist to create stylized artwork
- Generate Ambient Occlusion passes(1)
- Energy Conservative AntiAliasing
- Exchange geometry with ZBrush using GoZ
- Import and export scenes, objects or camera paths as Alembic
- Export materials using the Ptex standard(1)
- Horizontal and vertical film offsets
- Export Rocks and baked HyperBlobs
- Reorganize the layout of the interface at will
- Fast content browser with large previews, search and more
- Double-sided materials
- Auto-scale clouds with altitude
- Modulate Spectral clouds sharpness using a function graph
(1) VUE xStream only
What's New in PlantFactory 2015?
Create, Edit and Export High-Quality Animated 3D Plants
PlantFactory is a must have for any vfx pipeline - not only as an ideal companion to VUE, but also as a strong ally in any general environment production scenario.
- Peter Baustaedter, VFX Art Director & Environment Artist
Here is a shortlist of some of the important new features included in PlantFactory 2015:
Full feature list: plantfactory-tech.com/overview
- Quads andSubdivision Surfaces(1)
- Control mesh density of individual parts of the plant(1)
- Detail maps and Double-sided materials
- Export meshes as Alembic(1)
- Exchange plants or plant parts with ZBrush(1)
- Export materials using Ptex standard(2)
- New ultra-realistic wind model
- Redesigned interface and workflow
- Simplified Material Editor
- New lightweight Simple Segment node for small branches and twigs
- New Node presets for the Segment and Leaf nodes(3)
- Custom tailored FBX export preset for Unity 5
- Redesigned content, 19 new plant species(1)
- 44 simple tutorial scenes explaining specific settings(1)
(1) PlantFactory Producer and Studio
(2) PlantFactory Producer only
(3) PlantFactory Producer, Studio and Designer
Save Up to 40% on VUE and PlantFactory 2015
We're offering an introductory price with the releases of VUE 2015 and PlantFactory 2015!
Don't miss your chance to save up to 40% on full licenses of VUE and PlantFactory 2015. Maintenance bundles and upgrades from previous versions are discounted too! Check the online pricelist for full pricing information.
VUE Infinite 2015: US$1295, upgrades from $539
VUE xStream 2015: US$1695, upgrades from $659
NEW: You can now upgrade from VUE 7 and up!
PlantFactory Artist 2015: US$199, upgrades from $99
PlantFactory Designer 2015: US$495, upgrades from $199
PlantFactory Studio 2015: US$995, upgrades from $399
PlantFactory Producer 2015: US$1,995, upgrades from $799
Review all pricing options here
Free Upgrades and Upcoming Releases
There's still plenty of new things to disclose and to release, so you can expect to hear from us a lot in the coming weeks! ;-)
Free PLEs, Trials and PantFactory Exporter
We are expecting to ship the free versions of VUE and PlantFactory 2015 in the coming month.
Maintenance Free Upgrades
As promised, we will offer a free upgrade to VUE 2014 users (Infinite, xStream, RenderNodes and RenderCows) who had a valid, paid-for maintenance contract on November 4, 2014.
Likewise, we will offer a free upgrade to PlantFactory 2014 users who had a valid, paid-for maintenance contract on September 9, 2014.
These free upgrades will be sent in the coming weeks.
If your maintenance plan is currently running, you should be receiving your free upgrade within the coming days.
License Server 2015
We are expecting to release the new License Server (compatible with 2015 product licenses) within a couple of days.
If you purchased or extended your License Server starting on January 1st, 2015, we will upgrade you to the License Server 2015 for free.
More information on the new features of the License Server 2015 will be sent in the coming days. Stay tuned.
VUE 2015 Artist and Enthusiast Products
VUE Pioneer, Esprit, Studio and Complete 2015 will be released in Q2 2015. No official release date is available at this point.
VUE 2014 Update
Finally, in the coming days, we will be releasing a new update for all VUE 2014 products, to add backward compatibility with plants created using PlantFactory 2015 (some features may not be supported).
Happy VUE-ing and PlantFactory-ing,
the e-on software team