August 3, 2006
E-on Software Previews Ozone™ 3 Atmosphere Plug-in at Siggraph!
REVOLUTIONARY NEW SPECTRAL ATMOSPHERE TECHNOLOGY PLUGGED-INTO LEADING 3D APPLICATIONS
August 3, 2006. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, the leading developer of natural 3D environment solutions, today announced the upcoming release of the third iteration of its atmospheric solution for 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, LightWave and XSI.
Ozone 3 is a complete and unique solution for creating extremely realistic atmospheres. It is based on the revolutionary new spectral atmosphere technology featured in e-on software’s Vue 6 line of products and produces atmospheric effects of unmatched realism.
Some of the new features of Ozone 3 include:
- Breakthrough algorithms accurately model the behavior of our planet's real atmosphere. These algorithms can be used to produce many kinds of atmospheric effects.
- Spectral and Volumetric atmosphere models: based entirely on real-world atmospheric behavior, the new spectral engine produces ultra-realistic environments with volumetric clouds, accurate light dispersion and natural phenomena such as Godrays.
- Spectral Clouds: volumetric cloud layers let you create convincing flythroughs or simulate realistic low-lying fog with objects peaking through.
- Super-fast rendering technology: despite the staggering complexity of the atmospheric model, Ozone 3’s highly optimized algorithms render at blazing speed.
- Animated clouds and sunsets are a breeze: animate the atmosphere, the clouds and the sun, make skies spring to life! Simply set the direction and speed of the wind, the rate of change!
- Get productive fast: Ozone 3 ships with an extensive set of over 100 predefined atmospheres, including bright daytime, bad weather, sunrise, sunset and night time. Easily create the desired atmosphere in seconds by combining any of the 100 different cloud shapes supplied! There is no limit to the variety of effects that can be achieved.
A complete and detailed list of features will be released later this year.
Ozone 3 will be released in 2007 as a plug-in for 3ds Max, Maya, XSI, LightWave and Cinema 4D, and will ship at an expected street price of US$199.
You can see Ozone 3 in action right now at e-on software’s booth at Siggraph 2006 in Boston (booth #1828).
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of high quality solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments. With products specifically targeted for the different market segments, e-on software provides solutions adapted to every project and budget. E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, education and entertainment industries.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer's creativity. By investing significant resources into research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge technologies that significantly improve usability and workflow.
E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon with a European office in Paris, France.
Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
Press Contacts e-on software:
+33 1 43 14 28 15