February 22, 2010
E-on Software Releases Vue 8.4!
FREE UPDATE ADDS A HOST OF NEW FEATURES AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS
February 22, 2010. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, maker of the leading solutions for natural 3D environments, today announced the immediate availability of Vue 8.4, a major update to its award winning Vue 8 solutions for Digital Nature, available at no cost for all registered users.
Vue 8.4 adds many new features together with significant improvements to existing breakthrough technologies, and overall productivity and workflow enhancements.
New Features of Vue 8.4
The new Vue 8.4 update adds the following new functionality to Vue 8:
- Improved Displacement Mapping: computation and rendering of displaced materials on standard terrains is significantly faster and more memory efficient.
- Multi-Materials: new Multi-materials allow users to change all materials of any given object in a single operation. Multi-materials can be saved for future use, copy-pasted or drag-dropped between different objects in the scene.
- New Material Control: new "Relative to sea" material mapping option, and "Sea level" input node.
- User-definable units in Function Graphs: "External Dependency", "Distance to object below", "Distance from camera", etc nodes now express object dimensions in user-definable real-world units.
- Easier Pose/Motion Handling: the new Motion Browser lets users visually select and interactively preview preset poses and motions for rigged meshes.
- EcoSystem Display Improvements: the rendering of shaded EcoSystem billboards is improved to provide more accurate coloring and reduce flickering when moving around the scene.
- Other Artistic Control Improvements: the render area and the collections browser can be locked to avoid accidental modifications, materials mapped in World coordinates are now accurately previewed in OpenGL, GPU resources can be easily monitored in the status bar, objects can be copy-pasted to hidden or locked layers, and more...
- Other Performance Improvements: faster high quality previewing in OpenGL, automatic resizing of render buckets to maximize use of all cores on small renders, faster handling of complicated group hierarchies, default views are automatically resized to adjust according to internal units, and more...
More information on the new features of Vue 8.4 is available at:
The Vue 8.4 update is initially released as a beta update. It is immediately available at no cost for users of Vue 8 xStream and Vue 8 Infinite through e-on software’s regular update page. The Vue 8.4 update for e-on’s product line for 3D Artists will be released in English later in the week, and in German and French shortly thereafter.
Vue 8 xStream and Vue 8 Infinite are available in English for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, for both 32 and 64 bit, and on Mac OSX 10.5+ as a 32 bit application (Mac Intel only). Vue 8 xStream is compatible with the following renderers: Mental Ray for 3ds Max, Maya and Softimage (integrated and MR satellites), V-Ray for 3ds Max and Maya, Maya Software, as well as the native Cinema 4D and LightWave renderers. Other renderers are under consideration.
Vue 8 Pioneer, the Vue Theme-Packs, Vue 8 Frontier as well as Vue 8 Esprit, Studio and Complete are available in English for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 as a 32 and 64 bit application, and on Mac OSX 10.4+ as Universal Binary.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments. Offering a wide array of Digital Nature products and applications, e-on software provides solutions adapted to every project and budget. E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, education and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in features film such as "The Wolf Man", "2012", "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus", "GI Joe – The Rise of The Cobra", "The Proposal", "Land Of The Lost", "Terminator 4, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Indiana Jones 4", "Monster Vs Aliens", "Australia", "The Spiderwick Chronicles", "KungFu Panda", "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" and TV series such as "Battlestar Gallactica", "Stargate Atlantis" and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software's Spotlights section: www.e-onsoftware.com/spotlight.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer's creativity. By investing significant resources into research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge technologies that significantly improve usability and workflow.
E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon with a European office in Paris, France.
Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
+33 1 43 14 28 15 (Europe)