January 30, 2013
E-on Software Offers Free Carbon Scatter 2 Trial!
TEST DRIVE THE MOST POWERFUL POPULATION PLUGIN FOR 3DS MAX, MAYA AND CINEMA4D
January 30, 2013. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, the leader in Digital Nature technologies, today announced the immediate availability of the Carbon Scatter 2 trial version for Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya, and Maxon Cinema4D.
Derived from e-on software's acclaimed EcoSystem™ technology, Carbon Scatter 2 is the easiest and most straightforward solution for creating complex and detailed populations using the native instancing technologies of the host application.
"Carbon Scatter 2 is perfect, it has all the tools to build a complete scene quickly. I considered several other products prior to choosing Carbon Scatter, but Carbon Scatter gave me the best library of quickly renderable plants. I love this product!", said Roger Barnes.
New features in Carbon Scatter 2 include:
- Over 100 3D plant species (with variations!) and 130+ billboard trees included
- Populate millions of instances per second!
- Interactive population - change a setting and Carbon Scatter repopulates in a blink
- Populate at 360° around objects
- Use the powerful EcoPainter brush to paint-in instances directly with your mouse
- Edit or create your own plant species with the optional Carbon Botanica module
- Compatible with native previewing options (Nitrous, point-cloud, etc)
- Scattering inside/along curves
- Stacked instances (e.g. to create piles of rubble)
- Use animated populations with full phasing control
In less than a month, Carbon Scatter 2 has already received a tremendous amount of positive feedback from the industry:
"Carbon Scatter 2 does what it says and it does it very well!" Darren Capner
"I am very happy with Carbon Scatter 2. Absolutely amazing software!", M.J. van Soldt
"Carbon Scatter 2 takes what seems to be a complex task, and makes it simple. The Carbon Botanica extension is a no-brainer, worth every cent!", Paul Crumrine
"I really love Carbon Scatter and often use it for my productions. The new features like 360° population, the lean out feature on low density or the edge of population, or Eco-stacking are really nice additions, and the result looks natural." Christoph Schindelar
"It's great to find the Vue EcoSystem™ technology inside the host application. I really feel "at-home".", Laurent Rodriguez
Carbon Scatter 2 Trial Version
The Carbon Scatter Trial Version will install in all supported applications on the end user’s system and will allow the rendering of EcoSystem™ populations in all supported renderers.
The Trial Version is a fully functional version of Carbon Scatter 2, aside from the following limitations:
- The Trial Version ships with a limited collection of plants and polygonal meshes.
- The Trial Version is limited to rendering up to a total of 10000 instances (the display of instances in the viewport is not limited).
- Saving scenes, network rendering and access to Carbon Botanica is disabled.
The Carbon Scatter 2 Trial Version cannot be used for commercial work. Once installed, the Trial Version will work for 30 days.
Rendering of the Carbon Scatter 2 scene elements is entirely done by the host application's renderer.
- Carbon Scatter for 3ds Max works with MentalRay and V-Ray renderers.
- Carbon Scatter for Maya works with MentalRay, and V-Ray renderers.
- Carbon Scatter for Cinema4D works with the native renderer, and all other renderers that are compatible with Cinema4D instances*. Such renderers include VrayC4D, m4d (mental ray for Cinema4D) or Maxwell Render for instance.
The Carbon Scatter 2 Trial version is available as a free download from www.carbonscatter.com/download.
More information about Carbon Scatter can be found at www.carbonscatter.com.
*Disclaimer: e-on software cannot guarantee the smooth operation of Carbon Scatter 2 with the plethora of commercial renderers compatible with Cinema4D. E-on software recommends that users download the Carbon Scatter 2 Trial Version to test with their preferred renderer before placing their order.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments (Vue, Ozone and Carbon Scatter), as well as real-time immersive visualization tools for Architecture (LumenRT). Offering a wide array of Digital Nature products and applications, e-on software provides solutions adapted to every project and budget. E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as as as "Hunger Games", "Hugo", "Tintin", "Super 8", "Thor", "Avatar", "Clash of the Titans", "Sucker Punch", "Despicable Me", "The Wolf Man", "2012", "Lovely Bones", "GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra", "Land of the Lost", "Terminator 4, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Indiana Jones 4", "Monster Vs Aliens", "Australia", "The Spiderwick Chronicles", "KungFu Panda", "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" and TV series such as "Smallville", "Battlestar Gallactica", "Caprica", "Stargate Atlantis", "Stargate Continuum", and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software's Spotlights section: www.e-onsoftware.com/spotlight.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer's creativity. By investing significant resources into research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user friendly technologies that produce stunning Digital Nature scenery.
E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon with an European office in Paris, France.
Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
+33 1 83 64 46 95 (Europe)