June 25, 2001
Vue d'Esprit 4 Shipping!
Award Winning 3D Natural Scenery Product Now Available in US and Europe
June 25, 2001. Beaverton, OR. USA and Europe-based e-on software announces the immediate availability of Vue d'Esprit 4 (Vue 4), the newest version of its award winning 3D scenery animation and rendering software.
"Vue 4 users will appreciate how easy it is to create beautiful, ultra natural outdoor and indoor scenery without touching the manual, and without fighting a user interface to create their artwork," said Nicholas Phelps, president of e-on software.
Some of the new advanced realism features in Vue 4 include:
- A new volumetric atmosphere system that closely captures the complex interactions of air and light; volumetric clouds, materials and lights
- Lens flares, stellar and Atmospheric objects
- A Terrain Editor with real-time 3D preview, random rock generator, symmetrical terrains
- SolidGrowth 2, e-on software's amazingly realistic tree and plant creation and rendering technology, makes every plant and rock unique when dragged into a Vue 4 scene, and without adding significantly to file size
- Direct import of static Curious Lab's Poser scenes and import of Caligari Truespace files
- New output options include MPEG 1, MPEG 2, Quicktime™, RealMovie™, Quicktime™, VR, PICT and TIFF import/export filters.
The full version of Vue 4 comes with 2 CDs, bursting with 30 SolidGrowth 2 tree and plants, over 100 atmospheres, 100 different types of clouds, 300 materials, 250 high quality fully textured 3D objects and over 50 example scenes made by Vue master artists. A 300-page manual is also included.
Vue d'Esprit 4 for the Windows platform is currently available in English, with French, German and Japanese language versions available in Q3 2001. A Macintosh OS X version of Vue d'Esprit 4 is under development.
Vue 4 has a street price of $199. A $169 competitive upgrade is available for Corel® or MetaCreations® Bryce® 4 users, direct from e-on software.
About e-on software
Founded in 1997, e-on software was established to develop and promote the highest quality graphics tools with professional strength features. Established by graphics enthusiasts for graphics enthusiasts, e-on software translates its passion for art into tools for the graphics community. E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon and Paris, France. The company has achieved worldwide reputation for its award winning 3D scenery generator Vue d'Esprit.