November 5, 2012
E-on Software Ships Vue 11 xStream and Vue 11 Infinite
VUE 11 FOR 3D ARTISTS AND 3D ENTHUSIASTS SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE MID NOVEMBER
November 05, 2012. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, the leader in 3D Digital Nature technologies, today announced the immediate availability of Vue 11 xStream and Vue 11 Infinite, its newest Digital Nature solutions for CG Professionals.
In order to ensure a smooth transition, and to avoid order processing congestion, e-on software will be releasing the other products in the Vue 11 product line – Pioneer & Theme-packs, Frontier, Esprit, Studio and Complete – mid November 2012.
Vue 11 xStream – The Integrated Solution:
Vue xStream, e-on’s flagship solution, offers CG professionals the premiere solution for creating exceptionally rich and realistic Digital Nature environments, fully immersed within Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, and Softimage, Maxon Cinema 4D or Newtek LightWave. All Vue tools are fully integrated in the host application as menus and toolbars and directly accessible from within the host interface, providing immediate access to the most advanced 3D environment creation technologies.
Vue 11 Infinite – The Standalone Solution:
Vue Infinite offers CG professionals the premiere solution for creating exceptionally rich and realistic Digital Nature environments in a stand-alone package. Vue 10 Infinite is the ideal tool for multimedia and entertainment professionals, architects and graphics designers.
New features of Vue 11
Key features of Vue 11 include faster rendering, illumination caching, terrain and EcoPainter improvements, 360° population, interactive EcoSystem population, as well as EcoParticles, e-on software's revolutionary approach to particles:
With EcoParticles, users can do all the standard stuff that particles are good at, but they can also do a lot more. Rather than creating simple emitters, and having particles grow out of them, e-on software designed a new way of handling particles that is specifically well suited for Digital Nature.
The Vue 11 Particle system is a direct extension of the production proven EcoSystem™ technology that is a key player in Vue’s success for the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
Here is a shortlist of some of the important new features included in Release 11 of Vue:
- EcoParticles: This new technology is ideal for the creation of animated rain, snow, waterfalls, explosions, fire, smoke, tornadoes, falling leaves, swarm of insects and more. Any object can be set as a particle source (emitter).
- EcoParticles as EcoSystems: EcoParticles are added to any material like a regular EcoSystem material layer. But with EcoParticles, users get in depth control over the way the particles will evolve over time. Users can define the speed, direction, collision properties and duration of life of the particles, as well as subject them to external influences. On top of these new physical settings, all of the classic EcoSystem configuration parameters are used for particle instance population.
- EcoParticles Effectors: Effectors are special objects that will influence the EcoParticles in the scene. Effects like tornadoes, jittering, attraction, etc. are easily created this way.
- Automatic Weather Effects - Rain and Snow: These new atmospheric effects enable artists to create anything from gentle spring rain to a tropical storm, a gentle falling snow to a blizzard, with just a few simple clicks. The heaviness, shape, drop size, speed and falling angle of the precipitation is user controllable. Motion blur can be added if desired too. Weather Effects are available for all types of atmospheres.
- EcoPainter Improvements: The EcoSystem Painter is completely redesigned to allow even more control and flexibility. Users can now create their own brushes using a combination of effectors. For instance, brushes that will resize and align instances at the same time. There are a number of new brush effects to boot, including the ability to lean or rotate instances, raise or lower them, move them around, etc.
- Customizable EcoPainter Brushes: Like the brushes in the Terrain Editor, each EcoPainter brush now has its own dialog that displays all of the parameters that can be adjusted. If users want to display a specific brush parameter directly in the main EcoPainter dialog, they can do so with a click on the corresponding Publish icon. The EcoSystem Selection function is now part of the EcoPainter. This way, users can use the select function to define the instances to work with, directly in the EcoSystem Painter dialog. EcoSystem Instance Selection is now also available in xStream for 3ds Max, Cinema4D and Softimage.
- EcoSystem Fast Population: Thanks to a special population mode, Vue can now refresh the EcoSystem population interactively, without the need of any re-population action
- EcoSystem 360° Population: Vue can now automatically populate EcoSystems from all directions including below objects. This feature works on any kind of object from basic spheres to complex geometry such as rocks, cars, houses... and all applicable EcoSystem settings are supported.
- Up to 30% Faster Rendering Speed*: Significant internal optimizations made to Vue 11’s rendering engine will result in dramatically accelerated rendering especially on very dense EcoSystem scenes.
- Illumination Caching: This technology lets the user re-use GI information over the course of an entire animation thus eliminating the need to re-render the GI pre-pass for every frame. This will dramatically reduce the rendering times of Architectural animations, for instance.
- Many other improvements such as Shared Material layers, Nitrous accelerated graphics core support in 3ds Max, support for latest releases of the Autodesk 2013 products and Cinema4D R14, and more...
* Compared to the same render settings in Vue 10.5
Pricing and Availability
Standard Retail Price:
Vue 11 xStream retails for $1,995 (with one year maintenance), and upgrades from Vue 10 xStream starting at $439. Vue 11 Infinite retails for $1,495 (with one year maintenance), with upgrades from Vue 10.x Infinite starting at $359. Upgrades from Vue 9.x Infinite and Vue 9.x xStream are also available (see full product pricelist at http://www.e-onsoftware.com/pricelist for details).
Annual subscriptions for Educational licenses of Vue xStream and Infinite are available respectively for $149 and $99 per seat and per year. Upgrades to Vue 11 are free for owners of active educational licenses. Following the terms of the complimentary 30 day maintenance included with each new purchase, customers who purchased Vue 10.5 xStream or Vue 10.5 Infinite after October 05, 2012 will automatically receive their upgrade to Vue 11 at no charge.
Yearly maintenance plans are available for both products. More information on e-on software’s maintenance plans can be found at: www.e-onsoftware.com/maintenance
Vue 11 xStream and Vue 11 Infinite are available in English for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, and on Mac OSX 10.5+ (Mac Intel only) for both 32 and 64 bit.
Vue 11 xStream is compatible with the following renderers:
- 3ds Max 2008 to 2013: MentalRay (integrated and MR satellites), V-Ray
- Maya 2008 to 2013: MentalRay (integrated and MR satellites), V-Ray*, Maya Software
- Softimage | XSI 7 to 2013: MentalRay (integrated and MR satellites)
- Cinema 4D R11.0 to R14*: native renderer
- LightWave 9.3 to 11: native renderer
Other renderers are under consideration.
* the Vue 11 initial Mac OSX build does not include support for Cinema4D R14 and Vray for Maya 2013.
Support for these applications will be released later this November.
Personal Learning Editions:
E-on software will be releasing a Personal Learning Edition of Vue 11 Infinite and xStream later in the year.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments (Vue, Ozone and Carbon Scatter), as well as real-time immersive visualization tools for Architecture (LumenRT). Offering a wide array of Digital Nature products and applications, e-on software provides solutions adapted to every project and budget. E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as as as "Hunger Games", "Hugo", "Tintin", "Super 8", "Thor", "Avatar", "Clash of the Titans", "Sucker Punch", "Despicable Me", "The Wolf Man", "2012", "Lovely Bones", "GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra", "Land of the Lost", "Terminator 4, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Indiana Jones 4", "Monster Vs Aliens", "Australia", "The Spiderwick Chronicles", "KungFu Panda", "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" and TV series such as "Smallville", "Battlestar Gallactica", "Caprica", "Stargate Atlantis", "Stargate Continuum", and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software's Spotlights section: www.e-onsoftware.com/spotlight.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer's creativity. By investing significant resources into research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user friendly technologies that produce stunning Digital Nature scenery.
E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon with an European office in Paris, France.
Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
+33 1 83 64 46 95 (Europe)