September 10, 2014
E-on Software Ships PlantFactory 2014.6 and VUE 2014.6
IMPROVED EXPORTS AND INTEGRATION WITH OTHER 3D APPS
September 10, 2014. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, makers of the leading solutions for Digital Nature, announces the immediate availability of PlantFactory 2014.6 and VUE 2014.6. PlantFactory 2014.6 is the latest iteration of the company's revolutionary technology for creating and rendering high-quality 3D plants. VUE 2014.6 is the newest release of the company's leading solution for the creation, animation and rendering of natural 3D environments.
The company also announced the greatly enhanced PlantFactory Exporter that allows the customization and export of static plant models of unlimited resolution for free.
Available for free for all PlantFactory users, this major update vastly improves the product's native export capabilities.
New and enhanced capabilities include:
- The new EULA now allows selling or distributing static plant models created with PlantFactory
- Users can now easily send TPF models to a friend using the new integrated private sharing mechanism
- Sharing plants with the community on the Cornucopia3D Exchange Area is made easier thanks to the new dedicated menu command
- Improved exports to all 3D apps
- New export presets (custom tailored for many apps)
- New export options: embedded alpha, texture relative path, axis system
- Improved export of material lighting
- Drastically improved export speed
- New FREE PlantFactory Exporter - unlimited resolution, full parametric control
- Two-level publication lets the artist decide what parameters are accessible outside of PlantFactory
- New Input selector node
- The plant graphs of all samples have been redone for improved readability and easier understanding
More information about the PlantFactory technology is available online at: www.plantfactory-tech.com
PlantFactory 2014.6 is available as a free update for all current PlantFactory users.
PlantFactory Exporter - Unlimited Resolution Plants with Full Parametric Control
This Free version of PlantFactory is designed for CG artists using any 3D application (such as 3DS Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Softimage, LightWave, Modo, etc). Users are now able to purchase any plant species they need as well as generate variations, adjust age, health, seasons and other custom settings, and export the plants as static 3D objects for use in other 3D apps.
New in PlantFactory 2014.6 Exporter:
- Adjust the resolution of exported objects
- Change season, age, health and other custom settings
- Export resolution is no longer limited
More information and download instructions are available online at: www.plantfactory-tech.com/exporter.php
New features of VUE 2014.6
Available immediately for all VUE 2014 xStream and Infinite users, this update drastically improves integration with other applications.
New and enhanced capabilities in VUE 2014.6 include:
- New World Coordinate System transcription when importing/exporting Nuke .CHAN files*.
- Improved camera synchronization data import (FBX* and .dat).
- Automatic detection of source software when importing .obj meshes, and automatic updating of scale and orientation.
- Compatibility with FBX pixel aspect ratio when loading/exporting FBX* files.
- Improved resize/center objects option when importing FBX* files (cameras and scenes).
- Possibility to import FBX* data at non-zero time.
- Simplified display of PlantFactory published parameters.
- And more...
The compatibility with .FBX and .CHAN formats is only available in VUE xStream.
VUE 2014.6 is available free of charge for all registered users of VUE 2014 xStream and Infinite. VUE 2014 Infinite and xStream owners can immediately switch to VUE 2014.6 by downloading the latest software update for their product from www.e-onsoftware.com/updates.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments (VUE, PlantFactory, CloudFactory Ozone and Carbon Scatter). E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as "Dr Strange," "Kubo and the 2 Strings," "Jupiter Ascending," "Minions," "Guardians of the Galaxy," "The Croods," "Dragons 1&2," "Hunger Games," "Hugo," "Tintin," "Super 8," "Thor," "Avatar," "Clash of the Titans," "Sucker Punch," "Despicable Me 1&2," "The Wolf Man," "2012," "Lovely Bones," "GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra," "Land of the Lost," "Terminator 4, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," "Indiana Jones 4," "Monster Vs Aliens," "Australia," "The Spiderwick Chronicles," "KungFu Panda," "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" and TV series such as "Spartacus," "Smallville," "Battlestar Gallactica," "Caprica," "Stargate Atlantis," "Stargate Continuum," "The Vampire Diaries" and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software's Spotlights section: www.e-onsoftware.com/spotlight.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer's creativity. By investing significant resources in research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user friendly technologies that produce stunning digital nature scenery.
In 2015, e-on software was acquired by Bentley Systems and now operates as an internal venture subsidiary.
E-on software is based in Paris, France. For more information visit http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
+33 1 83 64 46 95 (Europe)
# # #
Bentley, the "B" Bentley logo, Be, VUE, PlantFactory, LumenRT, MicroStation, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.