September 8, 2003
E-on software Announces Vue 4 Professional
PROFESSIONAL, NATURAL 3D SCENERY STUDIO TO BE RELEASED FOR APPLE EXPO
September 8, 2003. Beaverton, OR. e-on software, the developer of award winning 3D natural scenery products, announces the forthcoming release of Vue 4 Professional, the newest addition to its line of products for professional 3D designers and digital video production houses.
“Professional 3D designers look for tools that integrate well with their workflow. Vue 4 Professional excels both as a final rendering engine and as a cooperative tool for high-end 3D and post-production applications such as Maya or After Effects,” said Nicholas Phelps, president of e-on software.
|Click here to view the QuickTime Video (7MB).|
|Click here to download the zipped Video (7MB).|
Vue 4 Professional will naturally integrate and extend all major 3D applications to provide a complete, professional natural 3D studio. Specifically designed for professionals, it provides a multitude of cutting-edge features that easily integrate in existing workflows.
With an intuitive and production-oriented layout, professionals will be able to quickly create and enhance their production with incredible, wind-swept SolidGrowth™ 3 trees and plants, volumetric atmospheres and rich terrains in fully animated scenes.
A selection of the features in Vue 4 Professional include:
- Single objects and complete scenes can be exported to high end 3D applications, including 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, LightWave, Maya, Softimage XSI and others;
- A full featured plant editor allows modification of any tree or plant or creation of entirely new species, with full export capabilities and animation support for simulating the effects of wind through trees;
- Camera and light synchronization with 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, LightWave, Maya and Softimage XSI for perfectly matching renders;
- RLA and RPF file format support for use with e.g. Discreet Combustion or Adobe After Effects;
- A brand new, and ultra fast OpenGL-based pre-rendering engine for quick and easy previewing;
- Hybrid network rendering of single pictures or animations using RenderCow™ technology on Windows and MacOS X, including leveraging Apple RendezVous technology to easily transform a rack of Apple MacOS X Servers into a render farm;
- 24 enhancements to camera effects, lighting, shadows, depth of field, including new advanced anti-aliasing engine and new AccuShadows™ advanced shadow mapping technologies;
- Over a dozen new animation and productivity features including a new ultra-fast Hybrid 2.5D™ motion-blur rendering engine;
- Python-based application and scene scripting with full access to hundreds of internal functions and structures for customization and creation of new rendering effects;
- Numerous productivity and feature enhancements.
A complete and detailed list of features will be available when Vue 4 Professional ships.
“Vue 4 Professional’s incredible productivity and natural world effects make it the tool of choice of every professional digital artist, from still graphics designers to 3D video design houses,” said Richard Schrand, author of FinalCut Pro 3: Complete Reference and Go-Live 5 fx &Design.
Vue 4 Professional ships on 3 CDs with a 460+ page manual, in a hybrid Windows and MacOS X configuration. Both platforms will ship simultaneously for Apple Expo in September, 2003. Vue 4 Professional will retail for $599 with a special introductory price of $499.
Users of Vue d’Esprit 4 will be able to sidegrade to Vue 4 Professional for $299 during the introductory period.
More information and a movie trailer of Vue 4 Professional effects is available at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
About e-on software
Founded in 1997, e-on software was established to develop and promote the highest quality graphics tools with professional strength features.
Established by graphics enthusiasts for graphics enthusiasts, e-on software translates its passion for art into tools for the graphics community.
E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon and Paris, France.
The company has achieved worldwide reputation for its award winning 3D scenery generator Vue d'Esprit.
e-on software 503-372-9698