3D Environment Competition 2017 Opens
Over $30,000 in Prizes to Award the Best
E-on software, in association with Nvidia, Wacom, HP, Pixologic, ArtStation, CGChannel, CGSociety, Cornucopia3D, Geekatplay, AsileFX, QuadSpinner, Routledge, Gnomon School, Bournemouth University and Ecole George Melies is honored to invite you to participate in the "3D Environment Competition 2017".
With judges that are leading experts in the major fields of the 3D entertainment industry, and with over $30,000 worth in prizes, this competition is the biggest we haves ever organized!
Watch the 3D Environment Competition Trailer on Youtube
Main and Academic Categories
For the first time, the competition will have 2 distinct categories, with specific prizes for both.
The main category is opened to every Artist (professionals and hobbyists), and the second category will be dedicated to Students.
To keep things simple, all entrants will submit their entry to the same gallery, however, Students must add an Academic watermark to their submission to be considered for the e-on Academic category.
Learn more from the Competition rules page.
Judging Performed by Industry Legends!
The "3D Environment Competition 2017" judges are all Industry Legends in the world of 3D graphics, from the Motion Picture, Game, to Media and Broadcast industries:
- Paul Huston - Senior Digital Matte Artist, Industrial Light & Magic
- Scott Brisbane - Lead Matte Painter, Weta Digital
- Eran Dinur - VFX Supervisor, Brainstorm Digital
- Olivier Pron - Supervising Art Director, Head of Art Department, Method Studios
- Jean-Denis Coindre - Lead Digital Matte-Painting, Universal Pictures - Illumination Mac Guff
- Justin Gladis - Matte Painting Lead, Blue Sky Studios
- Ethan Ayer - Matte Painter, Respawn Entertainment
- Alex Alvarez - Founder/President, Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Games + Animation
- Sofronis Efstathiou - BFX Competition & Festival Director, Bournemouth University
- Franck Petitta - Founder and CEO, Ecole Georges Méliès
- Jim Thacker - Editor, CG Channel
- Daniel Wade - Product Marketing Manager, ArtStation.com
- Manny Fragelus - Founder and Program Director of CGMA and CGworkshops, CG Society
- Carrie Mok - Editor, 3D Artist
Extensive Set of Hardware, 3D Tools and Resources to be Won!
With over $30,000 worth in prizes from e-on software, Nvidia, Wacom, HP, Pixologic, Cornucopia3D, Geekatplay, AsileFX, QuadSpinner, Routledge, this is a competition you don't want to miss!
- The winner will receive over $17,000 worth in prizes
- The First runner up will receive over $8,000 worth in prizes
- The Second runner up will receive over $4,000 worth in prizes
E-on Academic Category:
- The winning team will receive up to $4,000 worth in prizes per team member
Read more info and the submission guidelines from: