E-on software, in association with 3Dconnexion, 3dtotal, 3DWorld magazine, Ballistic Publishing, CG Society, Cornucopia3D, GeekAtPlay, Pixologic and QuadSpinner, is honored to invite you to participate in the "3D Environment Competition 2014".
With judges that are leading experts in the major fields of the 3D entertainment industry, and with over $18,000 worth in prizes, this competition represents a unique chance to get noticed, and win an extensive set of 3D tools and resources at the same time!
Create an image of any kind of environment!
Images can be in any style and genre, realistic or imaginary, as long as the natural environment is visually predominant. You can use imported objects and figures, but keep in mind that the judges will focus primarily on the quality of the 3D landscape.
Authorized Software Packages
You may use your application of choice, in combination with any of the e-on software products. This includes any version of VUE (Theme-Packs, 3D SuperHero, Frontier, Esprit, Studio, Complete, Infinite or xStream), including the free Personal Learning Edition and the free VUE Pioneer.
The 3D Environment competition is open to everyone, hobbyists and professionals alike. The judging will be based solely on the quality, originality and artistic merit of the images, not on the software used to create them.
In the first stage of the competition, e-on’s Picture of the Day contest team will select 10 finalists from all submissions in each category. The finalists’ images will be displayed on the e-on website, with links to their personal website/gallery. In the second stage, our judges will pick the winners out of the finalists.
- Submission period: July 2 - September 30, 2014.
- Finalists announced: October 6, 2014.
- Winners announced: October 13, 2014
The "3D Environment Competition 2014" judges are all Industry Legends in the world of 3D graphics, from the Motion Picture, Game, to Media and Broadcast industries:
- Paul Huston – Senior Digital Matte Artist, Industrial Light & Magic
- Scott Brisbane - Head of Matte Painting, Dreamworks Animation
- Dark Hoffman – Senior Digital Matte Painter, Hammerhead Productions
- Max Dennison - Senior Matte Painter, Double Negative TV
- Eran Dinur - VFX Supervisor, Brainstorm Digital
- Peter Baustaedter - Visual Effects Art Director, Marco Polo Productions
- Stephane Belin – Art Director, Blizzard Entertainment
- Tom Greenway – Founder and Managing Director, 3dtotal.com
- Ian Dean – Editor, 3D World magazine
- Jim Thacker – Editor, CG Channel
- Mike Hepburn – Head of Creative and Marketing, Ballistic Publishing/ CGSociety
With over $18,000 worth in prizes from e-on software, 3Dconnexion, 3dtotal, 3DWorld magazine, Ballistic Publishing, CG Society, Cornucopia3D, GeekAtPlay, Pixologic and QuadSpinner, this is a competition you don't want to miss!
- The winner will receive over $9800 worth in prizes
- The First runner up will receive over $5700 worth in prizes
- The Second runner up will receive over $1700 worth in prizes
Each of the finalists will receive a $25 voucher at Cornucopia3D, as well as 1 Tutorial Pack of their choice from the GeekAtPlay store.
Submit Your Entry
Submission starts July 2 and ends September 30, 2014. Cornucopia3D will be handling the submission procedure. When you click on the submission button, you will be redirected to the Cornucopia3D website to upload your artwork.
You will have to be logged-in on Cornucopia3D to upload your image.
If you already have an account at e-onsoftware, simply log in with your e-on identity and password.
If you don't have an account at e-onsoftware, you will have to create one here, and then log-in at Cornucopia3D with the same info.
Contest images must be uploaded to the respective 3D Environment Competition 2014 galleries only. Please take your time when uploading; images uploaded to the incorrect gallery will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
All submissions will be concealed until October 6, 2014.
Printer friendly version (complete document).