E-on software, in association with Nvidia, Wacom, HP, Pixologic, ArtStation, CGChannel, CGSociety, Cornucopia3D, Geekatplay, AsileFX, QuadSpinner, Routledge, Gnomon School, Bournemouth University and Ecole George Melies is honored to invite you to participate in the "3D Environment Competition 2017".
With judges that are leading experts in the major fields of the 3D entertainment industry, and with over $30,000 worth in prizes, this competition represents a unique chance to get noticed, and win an extensive set of 3D tools and resources at the same time!
Create an image of any kind of environment!
Images can be in any style and genre, realistic or imaginary, as long as the natural environment is visually predominant. You can use imported objects and figures, but keep in mind that the judges will focus primarily on the quality of the 3D landscape.
Main and Academic Categories
For the first time, the competition will have 2 distinct categories, with specific prizes for both.
The main category is opened to every Artist (professionals and hobbyists), and the second category will be dedicated to Students.
To keep things simple, all entrants will submit their entry to the same gallery, however, Students must add an Academic watermark to their submission to be considered for the e-on Academic category.
Learn more from the Competition rules page.
Authorized Software Packages
You may use your application of choice, in combination with any of the e-on software products. This includes any version of VUE (Esprit, Studio, Complete, Infinite or xStream), including the free Personal Learning Edition and the free VUE Pioneer.
The 3D Environment competition is open to everyone, hobbyists and professionals alike. The judging will be based solely on the quality, originality and artistic merit of the images, not on the software used to create them.
In the first stage of the competition, e-on's Picture of the Day contest team will select 10 finalists from all submissions in each category. The finalists' images will be displayed on the e-on website, with links to their personal website/gallery. In the second stage, our judges will pick the winners out of the finalists.
- Submission period: June 1 - September 30, 2017.
- Finalists announced: October 13, 2017.
- Winners announced: October 31, 2017
The "3D Environment Competition 2017" judges are all Industry Legends in the world of 3D graphics, from the Motion Picture, Game, to Media and Broadcast industries:
- Paul Huston – Senior Digital Matte Artist, Industrial Light & Magic
- Scott Brisbane - Lead Matte Painter, Weta Digital
- Eran Dinur - VFX Supervisor, Brainstorm Digital
- Olivier Pron - Supervising Art Director, Head of Art Department, Method Studios
- Jean-Denis Coindre - Lead Digital Matte-Painting, Universal Pictures - Illumination Mac Guff
- Justin Gladis - Matte Painting Lead, Blue Sky Studios
- Ethan Ayer - Matte Painter, Respawn Entertainment
- Alex Alvarez - Founder/President, Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Games + Animation
- Sofronis Efstathiou - BFX Competition & Festival Director, Bournemouth University
- Franck Petitta - Founder and CEO, Ecole Georges Méliès
- Jim Thacker – Editor, CG Channel
- Daniel Wade - Product Marketing Manager, ArtStation.com
- Manny Fragelus - Founder and Program Director of CGMA and CGworkshops, CG Society
- Carrie Mok - Editor, 3D Artist
With over $30,000 worth in prizes from e-on software, Nvidia, Wacom, HP, Pixologic, Cornucopia3D, Geekatplay, AsileFX, QuadSpinner, Routledge, this is a competition you don't want to miss!
- The winner will receive over $17,000 worth in prizes
- The First runner up will receive over $8,000 worth in prizes
- The Second runner up will receive over $4,000 worth in prizes
E-on Academic Category:
- The winning team will receive up to $4,000 worth in prizes per team member
Submit Your Entry
Submission starts June 1st and ends September 30, 2017. Cornucopia3D will be handling the submission procedure. When you click on the submission button, you will be redirected to the Cornucopia3D website to upload your artwork.
You will have to be logged-in on Cornucopia3D to upload your image.
If you already have an account at e-onsoftware, simply log in with your e-on identity and password.
If you don't have an account at e-onsoftware, you will have to create one here, and then log-in at Cornucopia3D with the same info.
Contest images must be uploaded to the 3D Environment Competition 2017 gallery only. Please take your time when uploading; images uploaded to the incorrect gallery will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
All submissions will be concealed until October 13, 2017.
Printer friendly version (complete document).