User Forums • View topic - Plant Factory Exporter - unity missing materials

Plant Factory Exporter - unity missing materials

Ask questions, discuss Plant Factory features - everybody is welcome!

Plant Factory Exporter - unity missing materials

Using the free exporter, I've attempted to export a couple plants to Unity, and while I am able to import the meshes, and the export folder contains a rather extensive Maps folder, I have not been able to figure out how to get Unity to recognize the graphics in that folder and apply them automatically to the imported mesh. Am I really going to need to manually create a material for each and manually apply it? Or is there some trick that I'm missing?

Thanks.
This post: November 25, 2017

by

Colin Young
Vue d'Esprit 4
PlantFactory Exporter 2016

Re: Plant Factory Exporter - unity missing materials

What settings have you used for export? This is quite important here.There is a preset for the export to Unity, have you used that?
This post: November 26, 2017

by

Walther Beck_1
Vue xStream 2016
PlantFactory Producer 2016

Yes, that is exactly the setting I used. I don't have the software in front of me right now, but IIRC, there were very few options available after making that selection. At least once I did not change anything other than selecting Unity export and the export location. I am on a Mac, Sierra.

I'm reasonably certain the problem is on the Unity end, and probably me. I'm really just looking for the steps I need to take to get materials/textures into Unity. Perhaps I'm importing the export incorrectly.

Thanks.
This post: November 29, 2017

by

Colin Young
Vue d'Esprit 4

Can you please open a support ticket (contact technician) about this?
This post: November 29, 2017

by

Walther Beck_1
Vue xStream 2016

The free exporter version isn't listed as one of the versions eligible for support via that channel.
This post: November 30, 2017

by

Colin Young
Vue d'Esprit 4

According to your profile here you have a version of Vue. Can you use this, I am sure your report will reach the right persons nevertheless.
This post: November 30, 2017

by

Walther Beck_1
Vue xStream 2016

I have no idea why it lists me as having Vue. That's not something I have and there is no place for me to edit. I posted a question on Cornucopia3d as the support page recommended for products that don't qualify for support (i.e. the free ones). Perhaps I'll have better luck there since that's where I purchased the tree models, although given the traffic in those forums I'm not holding my breath and will likely either end up manually and laboriously creating and apply the materials in Unity or switching to SpeedTree which has better Unity support and writing off the few dollars I spent on models as just the cost of learning. Or, both.

Unfortunately, while producing beautiful models, Plant Factory may not be well-suited to my specific project (interactive FPS style architectural walk-through on non-gaming computers) and budget (~$0).
This post: December 04, 2017

by

Colin Young
Vue d'Esprit 4

Return to Plant Factory General Discussion