The Segment node can either :
- generate geometry, a mesh surface
- act as a multiplier, manage connections with offspring growing from it
The basic geometry of the segment node is defined by a set of section and axial splines.
There are also other ways to enrich segment geometry :
- Blades: lateral surfaces mainly used as leaves or pines.
- Cap: defines the top cover of the segment.
- Root flares: modifies the lower part of the segment to simulate root flares on trunk.
- Blending with parent: adjusts segment surface so that it blends with the parent primitive instance.
They are configurable on the Segment tab.
The axial spline shape can be adjusted procedurally from the Segment Influences Tab using the Local Biases.
The Segment parameters are set on the following four tabs:
There is also a tab used to add children to the current segment.Add Children Tab